On the Trail of the Missing Ozone is a short comic on the Ozone depletion environmental problem, by U.S. EPA.
Even it is already a little bit old (it is from 1993) it provides information enough to answer basic questions like:
- What is Ozone?
- Where do we find it in the atmosphere?
- Why is it disappearing (what molecule is responsible)?
- What are the so called 2 types of Ozone?
- What are the effects due to Ozone depletion?
- Where do the CFC´s come from (which articles content it)?
- What can we do to solve the Ozone Depletion problem?
Of course new and important information could be added, what kids can do by researching on the net to answer these (as a webquest proposal):
- -What is the Montreal Protocol?
- -What has been the evolution of the Ozone depletion after it?
- -Could we say that this Protocol worked properly?